Saturday, January 24, 2009

Lowering barriers to adding images to posts

Rosa Journaling about PlantingRosa observes rice planting in Saga, Japan
Image by SCSpaeth via Flickr
The Zemanta blogging service helps me reconsider the value of a Flickr account. I established a Flickr account, SCSpaeth, several years ago and added pictures periodically. But I have never made much use of the pictures. While pictures can add to the interest in a blog post, finding images, adding them to the blog and documenting them properly took a lot of effort. So, I only added them when they added enough to compensate for the extra work.

The Zemanta service changes the barriers to using more images. I scanned a photocopy of a paper print of this image so the quality needs to improve. Now, it seems worth the effort.

No comments: