Skills that will be needed in this new economy include the capacity to:
- Design, evaluate, and manage one's own work so that it continually improves.
- Frame, investigate, and solve problems using a wide range of tools and resources.
- Find, analyse and use information for many purposes.
- Collaborate strategically with others.
- Communicate effectively in many forms.
- Develop new products and ideas.
Sally Loughlin and I are trying to find ways for students and teachers to use this or a similar list in assessment for learning including self- and peer-assessment.
She reported using this list in recent discussions with members of the local Rotary Club and observed that the list resonated with them. Their discussions led to a focus on students communicating with members of our communities similar to those that the Study Circle Pilot groups' recommended as actions to develop.